5/2- Suicide Prevention Messaging Matters Annual Webinar
The San Mateo County Suicide Prevention Committee is hosting below event that is free and open to the public. Please help us spread the word about this opportunity!
MESSAGING MATTERS ANNUAL WEBINAR
Learn safe and effective messaging about suicide prevention
Date: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Virtual Location: Zoom Webinar. Register here: bit.ly/2023messagingmatters
Details: Please join us for this annual webinar “Messaging Matters” to learn more about safe and effective messaging about suicide prevention. Participants will learn about responsible media reporting, how to engage the news media as partners in suicide prevention, and how to create effective suicide prevention materials and talking points. Presentation will be by subject matter expert Stan Collins, Suicide Prevention Specialist with California Mental Health Services Authority Technical Assistance Team. Flyer: View here and attached.
Please help us outreach to all members of our community, especially those who communicate publicly about suicide and suicide prevention. Examples include
- Public information officers
- Social media managers or influencers
- Print media professionals (newspapers, magazines, journals, newsletters)
- Broadcast media professionals (television, radio)
- Journalists and student journalists
- Presenters/trainers who present on suicide and suicide prevention
You must be logged in to post a comment.