The San Mateo County Latino Collaborative presents the 8th annual Sana, Sana, Colita de Rana, an event where community members can learn about healthy habits, healthy communities, nutrition and access to mental health services. This year’s theme is “Family and Healing During COVID”. Virtual event will be in Spanish with English translations.
Register at bit.ly/sanasana2021
Join us to learn about county and community resources, Latinx food, poetry, and dance!
Please see the latest issue of the Behavioral Health and Recovery Services Director’s Update from Scott Gilman.
- Suicide Prevention: Five Year Strategy
- Specialty Mental Health Private Provider Network
- On-Demand Interpreter Services
- More Cultural Humility 101 Trainings
- Congratulations (Ingall Bull, QM Manager retiring)
- COVID-19 Update (Vaccination Planning Workgroup)
- MHSA Announcements
Find past issues here.
The San Mateo County Suicide Prevention Committee and the BHRS Office of Diversity and Equity thanks you for supporting Suicide Prevention Month!
Some highlights throughout the month include:
– 15 events targeted for various interests, age groups and languages (English and Spanish). Big thank you to the many community partners who hosted these great events
– 350+ estimated to have attended or viewed the recording for the 15 SPM events
– 38,400+ views across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blog social media posts
– Missed some of events? You can watch recordings for some of our events by visiting smchealth.org/suicide-prevention-month.
– Review Suicide Prevention Roadmap (Newly Released): As we close 2021 September Suicide Prevention Month, we are excited to introduce the Suicide Prevention Roadmap 2021-2026 which outlines our strategy for local suicide prevention work beyond this past month. You can find this Roadmap and additional resources at smchealth.org/SuicidePrevention.
– Join Suicide Prevention Committee : Stay involved with the Suicide Prevention Committee (SPC) which is open to the public. You can just join our mailing list to stay in the loop or you can get more involved and join our meetings and workgroups. To join SPC, contact Sylvia Tang at STang@smcgov.org.
If you know someone who is in a suicidal crisis or emotional distress, please reach out for 24/7 confidential crisis support: call 650-579-0350 (or 1-800-273-8255) or text “BAY” to 741741.
Our collective mental health needs are at their greatest now. One in three U.S. adults reported experiencing depression or anxiety since the pandemic began. NAMI’s programs and advocacy are needed more than ever, and with your help, they are pleased to present NAMIWalks Your Way in San Mateo County on Saturday, October 9, 2021.
NAMIWalks will be a virtually virtual experience, united with NAMIWalks across the country. NAMIWalks Your Way means instead of putting one foot in front of the other, you get to put one feat in front of the other: participants get to use their creativity, with the main rule that we continue to advance towards our goal by leaps and bounds. Learn more about this event.