Take Action for Self-Care #4: Check-in, Learn More & Get Support
This message is repeated in Spanish below.
What are your hopes for 2022? With the ongoing pandemic, we may have had to adapt what our goals are or how we go about achieving them. An important goal to continue pursuing is to take action for your mental health.
One thing to place at the top of the resolution list is making time for self-care. Taking the time to intentionally care for our whole self – body, mind and soul – can keep us energized and mentally well in 2022. Self-care creates wellness not only for oneself but for the whole community around us.
And remember, real self-care has very little to do with “treating yourself” and a whole lot do with making choices for our long-term wellness every single day. Real self-care is about building habits that support our health and well-being. It’s making choices about where and how we spend our precious energy and time.
Here are some examples of some actions you can take:
- Make time for self-care
- Check-in with friends and family more often
- Learn more about mental health, self-care practices, and support options available in your community
- Get support when needed and remember: You are not alone
For 24/7 emotional support for you or your loved one, reach out to these resources:
- Star Vista Crisis Hotline – 650-579-0350
- Crisis Text Line – Text “Bay” to 741741
- Peer-Run Warm Line – 1-855-845-7415
- Find additional resources at Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
- To learn more about the Take Action for Mental Health campaign visit: www.takeaction4mh.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.