2021 September Suicide Prevention Month | #Reconnect | Thank You, Highlights and Next Steps
The San Mateo County Suicide Prevention Committee and the BHRS Office of Diversity and Equity thanks you for supporting Suicide Prevention Month!
Some highlights throughout the month include:
– 15 events targeted for various interests, age groups and languages (English and Spanish). Big thank you to the many community partners who hosted these great events
– 350+ estimated to have attended or viewed the recording for the 15 SPM events
– 38,400+ views across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blog social media posts
– Missed some of events? You can watch recordings for some of our events by visiting smchealth.org/suicide-prevention-month.
– Review Suicide Prevention Roadmap (Newly Released): As we close 2021 September Suicide Prevention Month, we are excited to introduce the Suicide Prevention Roadmap 2021-2026 which outlines our strategy for local suicide prevention work beyond this past month. You can find this Roadmap and additional resources at smchealth.org/SuicidePrevention.
– Join Suicide Prevention Committee : Stay involved with the Suicide Prevention Committee (SPC) which is open to the public. You can just join our mailing list to stay in the loop or you can get more involved and join our meetings and workgroups. To join SPC, contact Sylvia Tang at STang@smcgov.org.
If you know someone who is in a suicidal crisis or emotional distress, please reach out for 24/7 confidential crisis support: call 650-579-0350 (or 1-800-273-8255) or text “BAY” to 741741.