NAMI’s Recruiting for an Education Coordinator
NAMI San Mateo is seeking a part-time Education Coordinator, 25 hours per week. The Education Program Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and setting up NAMI program classes, including Family to Family, Peer to Peer, Provider Education, Basics and Ending the Silence, as well as arranging for teacher/facilitator training/meetings for all programs and support groups, and identifying additional organizations for program delivery.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes thru outreach, plans, and schedules all education programs.
- Updates existing programs to keep current with NAMI standards.
- Prepares program materials for teachers and participants.
- Communicates with teachers to ensure successful programs.
- Keep up-to-date records in Excel of current waitlists for classes.
- Reports NAMI class info when class is complete – internally & externally
- Creates flyers and brochures for education programs.
- Assists with special events such as NAMI General Meeting.
- Works with staff and volunteers
- Research/Plan outreach to identify additional presentation opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of NAMI programs with preference to having taken one of our classes.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular schedule when needed for training or special events.
- Proficient with MS Office programs including Excel, Word, Publisher and Outlook.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Helene Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply, January 13, 2020
Start Date: February 3, 2020
Salary commensurate with experience.