“We don’t heal in isolation, but in community.” ― S. Kelley Harrell
Express Unity and #ExpressYourself by attending/sharing one of San Mateo County’s FREE virtual May Mental Health Awareness Month events listed at bit.ly/2020mham (please note space is limited!).
This week, help put an end to stigma and promote community wellness by expressing unity as part of the mental health movement:
● Create messages of encouragement and hope on your windows with sticky notes to show your support. Leave positive messages and doodles for your family members, your roommates or yourself! Click here to get started. Then snap a photo and share it on social media.
● Take an active role in suicide prevention. Know the signs, find the words and learn how to reach out at www.suicideispreventable.org.
#BeTheOneSMC to #ExpressYourself
If you or a loved one are in need of mental health local support for mental health and substance use issues, contact these 24/7 numbers:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Starvista Crisis Hotline (San Mateo County): 650-579-0350
- ACCESS Call Center (San Mateo County Behavioral Health Services): 800-686-0101
- California Peer-Run Warmline: 855-845-7415