2017 Mental Health Month – Call for Narratives/Testimonials
Behavioral Health and Recovery Services is seeking short narratives/testimonies (200-350 words) related to mental health for 2017 Mental Health Awareness Month. Narratives/testimonies may be published in Wellness Matters (BHRS newsletter), posted online in the BHRS blog and in other San Mateo County communications and social media channels.
We seek a range of submissions reflecting diverse perspectives and personal experiences of mental illness, wellness and recovery and/or the impact that stigma has had on one’s life, from a consumer or family member perspective.
How to Submit:
- Submission deadline: April 18th, 2017
- Submissions and/or questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
- All submissions will be published with first name only (or if complete anonymity is preferred please state so in your submission).
- All submissions must be accompanied by a signed release giving us your permission to publish your story. The form can be found at: https://smcbhrsblog.org/consent-form
- All submissions are subject to review/editing/publication by BHRS.
- Longer narratives (up to 500 words) may be submitted for consideration, however, are subject to editing for length.