Stand Up for Mental Wellness in May
This May is Mental Health Month. San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, together with our community partners are raising awareness about the important role mental health plays in our lives and encouraging members of the community to learn more about their own mental health and to take action if they are experiencing symptoms of a mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
Throughout the month, learn about local resources as well as find hope and inspiration through personal stories and by connecting with the greater San Mateo County community to reduce stigma and ensure San Mateo County is a welcoming and safe place for everyone.
Join us at one of the many events hosted throughout San Mateo County as we stand up and work together to help everyone live a long and healthy life. Here are some of the upcoming events:
- Board of Supervisors Proclamation – Tuesday, April 26, 9:00-11:00 am
- Documentary Screening: Healing Voices – Saturday, April 30, 2:00 -3:30 pm
- Mejorando Mi Salud (Improving My Health) – Tuesday, May 3, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Tony Hoffman Award Presentation – Wednesday, May 4, 3:00-5:00 pm
- Be the One: Mental Health Month Kickoff – Wednesday, May 4, 6:00-8:00 pm
Please visit www.smchealth.org/mentalhealthmonth for details and a complete list of activities during Mental Health Month.
You must be logged in to post a comment.