Now Accepting Nominations for Tony Hoffman Community Mental Health Service Award
The San Mateo County Mental Health & Substance Abuse Recovery Commission is seeking nominees for its annual Tony Hoffman Community Mental Health Service Awards.
This honor is made to individuals, professionals, businesses, and the media who have made an extraordinary difference in the lives of people with mental illness and the San Mateo County community. Recognition is given for
- public education or advocacy to promote mental health awareness and needs or to address stigma;
- services to persons with mental illness;
- creation of new and innovative programs or community support activities;
- recognition of fundraising for mental health activities or long-term financial support to mental health programs;
- working for new mental health legislation;
- compassionate treatment of persons with mental illness.
Awards will be presented to honorees at the San Mateo County Mental Health & Substance Abuse Commission meeting on May 4, 2016. Deadline for award nominations is April 15, 2016. Nomination forms: Word form, PDF form