Congratulations to MHSA PEI Funding Recipients!
The goal of the Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) component is to decrease risk factors, and increase the protective factors that promote positive mental health. MHSA PEI funds the following Community Interventions for School Age and TAY programs:
Early Childhood Community Team – supporting social emotional development in child care settings by providing consultation to child care providers
Seeking Safety – helping people attain safety from trauma and substance abuse
Project SUCCESS – preventing and reducing substance use and abuse and associated behavioral issues among high risk, multi-problem adolescents
School-based Services – aligning mental health clinicians to middle schools
The following agency’s were selected to receive awards to implement these programs:
- StarVista – Early Childhood Community Teams
- Puente de la Costa Sur – Project SUCCESS and Seeking Safety
- El Centro de Libertad – Seeking Safety
- Pyramid Alternatives – Seeking Safety
- Asian American Recovery Services, Health Right 360 – School-based Services
Congratulations, we look forward to working with these strong community partners and continue the work to promote positive mental health for underserved communities.